Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Today in Failure

Walking by a certain douche-haven bar on my way to the bus this morning, I noticed the windows have been all painted up in anticipation of Mardi Gras.

Aside from the usual Fat Tuesday drink advertisements, they listed different food specials to promote the sacred day of gluttony. The one that caught my eye?

Hurricane Gumbo!

I'm sorry, but does anyone else find this extremely tacky that we're going to be partying up with some New Orleans-style Hurricane Gumbo as we fall down drunk draped in plastic beads? Is our country's worst disaster response effort in history really something that makes one want to Laissez les Bontemps Roulez? Not to rip off SNL, but REALLY!??!

I will try to acquire pictorial evidence of this bullshit for your review tomorrow.

No comments: