Thursday, August 7, 2008

Let's talk about it....

This is a super long video from C-SPAN, which is probably two strikes for any sane reader.

However, what follows is a truly interesting discussion about coverage of controversial topics and "main stream media" versus the "blogosphere" and other non-traditional media. It's presented by UNITY: Journalists of Color

Both of my readers will probably not take the hour and a half to view this, but you should still click here and watch for a few minutes. You won't be able to pull away. The overall point that I really respected was that, in fact, some white people DO care about what's going on in the black community. It may come as a surprise, but I am one of those people. I know. It's nutty -- a white girl from Indiana who doesn't heart Fox news?!?! Get out of town! It's that wacky liberal arts degree.




This is a video intro to the UNITY conference in Chicago. It's a little more punchy, so maybe you'll take a gander.

And full disclosure: I don't have a mission statement nor do I have a copy editor/ fact checker. I am not a reputable news source - but I AM interesting... so... trade off?

No comments: