Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ron Swanson ProTips

Have the best week possible. Have a steak, work with you hands and go easy on the salad - you're not a rabbit.

I took Ron Swanson's advice and worked in the out-of-doors to plant some flowers on the porch. It's not much, but for me it's like some kind of verdant heaven. It's mine and I'm proud of it.



I also finished the Procrastination Shawl. I don't really know how to wear it, because it's not quite big enough to be a practical shawl but wearing it as a scarf kind of looks baby bib-like:
My house is a mess, but my shawl turned out pretty neat!
This is the face of a tired 26 year old wearing a purple bib
But still, it's finished! And that feels pretty good. I'm working on a bunch of little gift projects now, we'll see if I can pull it out in a ridiculously short amount of time. Nothing like putting off your gifts to making something for yourself that you'll hardly use. Huzzah!

I'm kind of stressing this gift for my mom in particular. I had a brainstorm to make her a cool wrap to wear with a dress she's wearing to a wedding we're both attending this weekend. The yarn I got is hand-dyed (read: overpriced) and contains her favorite colors: tones of blues and dark purples. But as I'm knitting it up... it's just really starting to look.... well... "busy"? Or, if I'm being honest, possibly like cupcake barf?
Not the best picture, but you get the idea. I'm not sure what to do at this point, since we're on a TIGHT deadline. Maybe I'll just give it to her after the wedding so she won't feel forced to wear it? Oy... perfect example of why you keep it simple when giving gifts. Don't spend a ton on your yarn or your pattern because no one really knows the difference and hand crafted awesome yarn is only pretty in the eye of the craft nerd beholder. LEARNING.


No comments: