Thursday, May 5, 2011

U cold?

I'm 'in training' for a very short race on June 16. It's a 5K and I know that your average person can knock that out after eating a plate of nachos on Super Bowl Sunday, but for me, it's the ULTIMATE CHALLENGE. I'm not a good runner, never have been. I'm slow and I panic when I feel like I can't breath, so it takes me a while to get back in the swing of things.

Update: I'm running the in Jim Gibbons Traffic Jam 5K in support of the Leukemia Research Foundation. If you'd consider giving a few bucks to the cause to support my efforts, it would be most appreciated in addition to being money-well-donated. If you're laughing at the idea of me running in any sort of road race at all, please donate $100 now. Don't I entertain you ENOUGH? To donate, click here.

If I take time off from running consistently, I automatically go back to square one where I can only go a half-mile. So, as you have calculated in that brilliant little head of yours, that's not anywhere close to the 3.1 miles I need to build up to. Therefore, this week has left me feeling a little defeated and so I'm not feeling especially bloggy. I shall keep you posted - I'm going to be running after work today so I have NO EXCUSES. We'll see how that goes!

Since I'm in the defeatist mind-set, I need to once again celebrate a small victory! I completed a little knitting project - a Mug Cozy! (We're Just That Awesome Cozy from Sweatshop of Love)

I was testing the pattern out for a swap I'm participating in via Ravelry. My partner lives in Canada and loves pink & purple, so I felt bad forcing my favorite color on her:




Verdict: I'll just keep this little winner for myself and modify the pattern for a larger gauge to use up some of my pink Lion Brand Cotton ease left over from the baby blanket I made my cousin. Hey, it's the little things!


No comments: